Wednesday, November 9, 2011

He Called Me Fat

The smoothness of Caribbean men can only be described as that: smooth. Yesterday I was sitting with a new friend of mine who I happen to be interested in, and he in me. We were having a beer at a local pub when the conversation turned to age. He is 29 and I am younger than that. He told me that when he first met me, he would have guessed me at 21, but seeing my eyes, he could see the years on me.

What?

Did he just call me old??

He of course didn’t mean it that way. He only meant that he could tell that I was not the fresh-faced 21-year-old that I once was, and that I have more years and knowledge (and probably stress) and that I don’t actually look 21 when you look closer. He appreciates that I’m not 21 and don’t have the mind-set of a 21-year-old girl anymore. (If you are 21, or still behave 21, that comment was not meant to offend you. Be who you are and live every moment at whatever age you want to!)

It pains me to say that I agree with him, I don’t look 21, but how he managed to tell me I look my age, and still keep me wanting to see him the next day by the time the glasses emptied, is beyond me. No, I was not drunk. I only had one, and while some people in my life would tell me that sniffing a bottle cap gets me drunk, it really doesn’t.

Later on we were BBMing when he made the remark that he likes girls who have a little flesh on them. My response was “Are you calling me fat? LOL. Don’t answer that”.

Let me just say for the record that I am not fat. Not remotely. I have curves, and I’m not a skinny little thing, but I certainly can’t be described as fat. We laughed off both comments and he told me that he doesn’t like really skinny girls, which somewhat makes me feel better and re-affirms my belief that while guys might fantasize about being with a model, in the end, they all want a woman with a normal woman body, cellulite and all.

So ladies, while your man might not be a as smooth as Mr. Caribbean to be able to call you old and fat in one day, and still have you thinking about them and wanting to see them the next day, if they tell you its what they like, believe them. Men appreciate a woman with a head on her shoulders and little something to grab onto around the waist (or booty).

And gents, please, please don’t try to tell your woman you like how old she looks or that she’s got a little junk in the trunk. Many women are not nearly as secure with themselves as I am and might get offended if you tell them they’ve aged and things don’t look the way they did at 21!

No comments:

Post a Comment