Friday, January 6, 2012

Dramatic

I should start this by explaining that this is not my story, and therefore not really my rant, but seeing as how this man has been using my friend as a yo-yo, I feel the need to address the situation via this passive-aggressive blog.

Dear Wishes He Wasn't Dramatic,

You need to make up your mind. My friend will not be around forever, waiting for you to decide whether or not you like her. We all know you do! Pulling her metaphorical pigtails in the playground-of-work is not fooling anyone, and if you wish to keep her attention, you should pull your head out of your desk drawer, man-up and admit you like her!

Ya, ya, you've got stuff to deal with, skeletons in your closet and baggage that weighs more than the pile of papers on your desk, but she knows, and she doesn't care. We all have baggage that we probably wish we didn't. I distrust men, Rachel doesn't like to be without one, and Caroline seems to only end up with the ones who are previously engaged. Baggage. Who cares. If you like this woman, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!! Either that, or stop with the weird comments and sideways glances. People are noticing and if you don't want to draw attention to it, don't do it.

Be decisive. Make a decision. That is all I ask.

Sincerely,

Wishing This Man Would Stop Being More Of a Woman Than I Am.

Lesson for men and women alike: I don't know how many times I can reiterate that we need to go after what we want. I recently told a man that when I see what I want, I go get it. Seriously. We need to stop this sitting around waiting for things in life to happen, whether that be relationships, work, travel, promotions, friendships, whatever. This society has gotten so lazy, and I admit that there are times I fall short on the gab-life-by-the-balls scale, but I've decided to try harder this year. Its 2012, and for those of you who believe that the world is ending this year, THIS IS YOUR LAST YEAR OF LIFE! What are you going to do with it? Cancer patients and people with terminal illnesses often decide to start really living in the time that they've been told is the rest of their life. 6 months, a year... why wait? Why wait until you're told the end is here to start living? Why not take a chance and ask that girl/ guy out? Why not work a little harder so that you can go on that vacation you've always wanted? Why not strive to make changes that will better your living situation? Why do we settle for mediocre until we're told we're dying? What are we afraid of?

Stop waiting for life to happen. Do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment